My page: http://www.bmycharity.com/LondontoJohannesburg
You are about to make a donation of £ to the fundraising page An Idiot got Bored. The Slow way Down..
You can change this amount by returning to the page.
Raised so far
|Total Raised online:||£6,118.25|
|Total Raised offline:||£80.00|
|Onne de Boer||£25.00||£0.00|
Help for Heroes
Hello and Welcome from An Idiot got Bored. The Slow way Down.
London to Johannesburg 25,000kms on a Suzuki 125 cc motorcycle!!! Departed from The Biker Store, Blindley Heath, on Saturday September 14th 2013, crossing at least 19 countries, mountain ranges, deserts and areas of severe famine and conflict. In total covering some 25,000 km.!!
This challenge will be undertaken solo and completely unsupported. Just me, a 125 cc bike and whatever I can carry on it.!!! I am doing this for our brave Service Men and Women, who have been wounded, often losing arms and legs. Can you imagine that?
LOOK FOR THE DONATE BUTTON. DONATE AMOUNT CAN BE CHANGED. A fiver a tenner, a thousand of the Queen's pounds or some land in St.Lucia, I don't mind it ALL counts :).
I shall be updating a blog at http://anidiotgotbored.blogspot.co.uk/ regularly during the challenge with details of the journey, media and sponsors (If you run a business and would like to be part of this challenge, drop me an email at email@example.com
You can also follow me on Twitter @LondontoJoburg The costs of this epic challenge are massive, over £20,000. I NEED HELP! Donations can be made by visiting the blog page http://anidiotgotbored.blogspot.co.uk/ and looking for the Team Fuel Fund donate button under the Africa map! But make your donation to Help 4 Heroes with the button on this page first!!
Once on the road, track and desert, I shall be blogging and putting up photos and shaky video footage. I am donating my time, money and effort to doing this mammoth challenge. All for our wounded Service Men and Women. What are YOU prepared to Donate???
Many thanks to:
- Soldier Magazine: For the feature!
- Kendall Van Hire: Provided a Ford Transit van to collect the newly purchased Suzuki RV125 from Southampton.Total cost hire cost? A tenner!!!! Big thank you to Mark at their Guildford branch ,for your support for the challenge and on Facebook!:
- Suzuki Haslemere: Sponsor the challenge with some great assistance from the Service Department. Mark & Tom,legends!!
- P & P Seats: They sponsored me a great non slip cover. Ask for Penny and mention An Idiot got Bored.
- The Biker Store: I kid you not, book the afternoon off. They've got every bit of kit you can think of!
- Task Force Distribution: Scott decided to sponsor me a pair of Lowa Zepher Hi GTX. Best boots out there!
- Donors: All of you out there who have supported and continue to support me!
Latest News 6 February 2014 Will is now in Calabar Nigeria on the border with Cameroon! Any donations for repairs/medical to the Team Fuel Fund (see above) would be more than welcome!!
Many thanks to all who have helped me and continue to do so! Will Moore
Additional Information here:
About Help for Heroes
Help for Heroes offers comprehensive support to those who have suffered life-changing injuries and illnesses whilst serving our country. This is provided through grants to individuals, other Service charities, capital build projects and our four Recovery Centres across the UK, in Catterick, Colchester, Tidworth and Plymouth. These will offer support for life. The money raised by the hugely generous public has been used to support our wounded, but there is still so much more to do. Soldiers, sailors and airmen who are injured today will still need our support tomorrow and in the days that follow, for the rest of their lives. They are still battling and we won't let them battle alone.
FIND OUT MORE