My page: http://www.bmycharity.com/louishayter
You are about to make a donation of £ to the fundraising page louis hayter.
You can change this amount by returning to the page.
Raised so far
|Total Raised online:||£325.00|
|Total Raised offline:||£710.00|
|Jo Hyde - Hook ...||£50.00||£0.00|
Help for Heroes
Hello and Welcome from louis hayter
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page.
- I am training to swim from Bournemouth Pier to Boscombe Pier, a distance of 1.4miles.
- All going well, I shall be swimming on the last weekend in August, fingers crossed for no bad weather, rough seas, shark attacks, monster jellyfish sightings lol.
- My mum will be kayaking along side me in case of any problems along the way and offering me support, advice and a drink or two.
- If for any of the reasons mentioned above, I am unable to do the swim in the sea, I shall do it in the swimming pool instead, which will be approx 95 lengths non stop. But lets keep our fingers crossed that I don't have to do that.
- I have wanted to join the armed forces (marines) since I was about 3yrs old, our soldiers have done some great work out in Iraq, Afghanistan and much closer to home, and I want to show my appreciation to them and their families for putting their lives on the line for our country.
- Please use this page to place a donation, and don't forget to tick the Gift Aid box!
- Thank you for your on going support,
- WISH ME LUCK!
- Louis http://www.bmycharity.com/louishayter
Thank you to every one who has supported me so far, the big swim is tomorrow and I'm feeling nervous but confident that I can do this. I started with a target of £500 and am proud to say that I have now up'd it to £1000, because of all of your help.
Also a huge thank you to Andrew, (pictured below) for your help in the sea. And Banbury swimming club for my on going training and support.
And RIBS marine for your kind donation.
And Jay, who sadly lost his brother in 2007, and has tweeted about my swim and donated too.
Swim was completed 05/09/2011 YAY!!!!
Thank you for your support.
About Help for Heroes
Help for Heroes offers comprehensive support to those who have suffered life-changing injuries and illnesses whilst serving our country. This is provided through grants to individuals, other Service charities, capital build projects and our four Recovery Centres across the UK, in Catterick, Colchester, Tidworth and Plymouth. These will offer support for life. The money raised by the hugely generous public has been used to support our wounded, but there is still so much more to do. Soldiers, sailors and airmen who are injured today will still need our support tomorrow and in the days that follow, for the rest of their lives. They are still battling and we won't let them battle alone.
FIND OUT MORE